What's new

[PIO] Statement by the President of the Republic at the opening of the meeting of the Council of Ministers

41346.jpg

At the beginning of the meeting, the President of the Republic Mr.Nicos Christodoulides, addressing the members of the Council of Ministers, said:

"Welcome to this afternoon session. As you may recall, on 29 January, we launched the annual report for the first time. Our aim was to provide transparent and accurate information to the public on what the Government is planning for 2024 and what is on track for implementation. We have very specific priorities and reforms. In general, the big goal is to improve the daily life of the citizen. An important element of the implementation of our programme is the continuous monitoring of the actions, of the decisions of the Council of Ministers, of what we all announce publicly. It was also one of the main reasons why we went ahead with the establishment of the Secretariat in the Presidency.

I looked at each one individually, but because most of the actions are horizontal, I thought it was important, today, to have this session so that we could see where each of the 88 actions that I announced on 29 January stands. To see which ones have been implemented, which ones are for legislative review, which ones have been sent to the legislature and, thus, to move on to the next steps. I would also like to tell you that next week we will launch - the Deputy Minister will present - the electronic platform "diakivernisi.org.cy", where every Cypriot citizen will be able to be informed at any time about everything we have implemented, but also where the actions that are in the process of being implemented are, so that, I repeat, in the context of accountability, every citizen will know at any time where we are.

So today we should start, Ministry by Ministry, [TO SEE] where we are, with the Ministry of Finance last, as always, and to see at every stage that what we have promised the people on 29 January - and more that arise through interventions, or issues that arise, because issues arise all the time - so that at the end of the year we can tell the people that we have implemented them."

Contents of this article including associated images are owned by PIO
Views & opinions expressed are those of the author and/or PIO

Source

Back