What's new

[PIO] Address by the Minister of Health Mr. Michael Damianou at the "EndoMarch 2024" enlightenment event, yesterday

40611.png

It is with great pleasure that I address the EndoMarch 2024 enlightenment event today.

The month of March is dedicated internationally to raising awareness and educating the global public about Endometriosis. A condition that affects the quality of life of millions of women worldwide, as it is one of the most common gynaecological conditions. In particular, 200 million women worldwide suffer physically and psychologically due to endometriosis, with up to 50% experiencing infertility problems. In Cyprus, one in ten women of reproductive age struggles with this condition.

The "EndoMarch" initiative, which started a decade ago, aimed to raise awareness among the population of each country, while promoting the development of diagnostic technologies and quality medicine for the best possible treatment of the condition.

Cyprus, along with the other countries, is actively participating in the enlightenment campaign by undertaking a variety of activities that highlight enlightening messages and promote information for women suffering from the painful symptoms of endometriosis and seeking guidance, diagnosis and proper medical treatment.

It is undoubtedly very important to organise events that contribute to information, exchange of views and constructive debate on health issues that concern us all. Our country, together with the 70 countries participating in the Global Enlightenment Chain, is present again this year and supports all women who suffer physically and psychologically from the delicate adolescent age, to the reproductive age and finally to the mature age.

On the occasion of my presence at today's event, I would like to emphasize that for the state, the health and well-being of all citizens is a priority.

On the occasion of my presence at today's event, I would like to emphasize that for the state, the health and well-being of all citizens is a priority. We will be helpers and supporters in every effort aimed at enlightening the public on health issues.

To conclude my brief speech, I would like to thank the initiators and organisers of this event for their contribution to its realisation and to give my pledge of the Government's enduring support to all your efforts aimed at promoting health and improving the quality of life.

"So let's break the silence and give courage to women struggling with Endometriosis."

(DK)
Contents of this article including associated images are owned by PIO
Views & opinions expressed are those of the author and/or PIO

Source

Back