What's new

[Cyprus Times] The President was received with honours at the Presidential Palace of Montenegro. Expanded talks followed.

FPkZYlVXMAAtfId.jpg

The President of the Republic met with the President of Montenegro The words he wrote in the visitors' book of the presidential residence Accompanied by his wife He was received by a military guard of honour followed by a private meeting with extended talks

The President of the Republic, Nicos Anastasiades, who is making the first official visit of the President of the Republic of Cyprus to Montenegro, arrived this morning at the Presidential Palace, in the town of Cetinje, where he was officially received by the President of Montenegro, Mr. Milo Đukanović.

During the arrival of the President of the Republic, who was accompanied by his wife Mrs. Andri Anastasiades, a military contingent paid tribute. The national anthems of the two countries were played and then President Anastasiades signed the guest book of the presidential residence.

In the visitors' book, the President of the Republic wrote the following.

I take this opportunity to express my sincere thanks for the excellent hospitality extended to me personally and to the delegation accompanying me, which I look forward to returning in the near future.

Our two countries enjoy excellent relations and I am confident that my visit today, the first by the President of the Republic of Cyprus to Montenegro, is an important milestone in our joint efforts to further strengthen our cooperation, both bilaterally and multilaterally."

Subsequently, the two Presidents attended a one-to-one meeting, which was followed by extended talks between the delegations of the two countries, which will be concluded on 1 January.30pm (Cyprus time).

The Cypriot delegation is composed of the Government Spokesman Mr. Marios Pelekanos, the Deputy Minister to the President Mr. Kyriakos Kousios, the Deputy Minister of Shipping Mr. Vassilis Dimitriades, the Ambassador of the Republic to Montenegro Mr. Dimitris Theofilaktou and the Deputy Director of the Diplomatic Office of the President of the Republic Ms Koula Sofianou.

Contents of this article including associated images are belongs Cyprus Times
Views & opinions expressed are those of the author and/or Cyprus Times

Source

Back