What's new

[Cyprus Times] Anti-drug march on the promenade of Protaras

DOC-51.jpg

Anti-drug march on the promenade of Protaras "I walk on a clean path"

The Municipality of Paralimni in collaboration with the Preventive Mental Health Program "Exelixis" of the Nursing Services of the Ministry of Health, the Anti-Narcotics Service and the Famagusta Police Directorate organized on Saturday a symbolic anti-drug walk on the seaside promenade of Protaras entitled "I walk on a clean path".

Stefanos Kafetzis, a mental health nurse of the Exelixis Program said that "on the occasion of June 26, established by the UN in 1987 as the World Day against Drugs and Drug Trafficking, the Municipality of Paralimni, in cooperation with the Exelixis preventive programme of the Ministry of Health's Nursing Services, organised a hiking event entitled "I walk on a clean path", with the aim of raising public awareness of the consequences of drug use.

The EXELIXIS programme provides services aimed at all individuals and groups concerned about mental health issues. The philosophy of the services provided is mental health education and promotion for all age groups as well as prevention from addictions in the community.

The EXELIXIS programme "operates in municipalities and schools. In the framework of cooperation with the Municipality of Paralimni, whom we thank, we offer assessment and liaison support services, referral services for mental health and addiction issues".

The route of the hike was from Luma beach to Potami beach and then the hikers returned to the starting point.

At the intermediate stop, information material was provided and an artistic program was held by the Youth Choir Little Rebettes.

Source: CNA

Contents of this article including associated images are belongs Cyprus Times
Views & opinions expressed are those of the author and/or Cyprus Times

Source

Back