What's new

[PIO] Address by Environment Commissioner Ms Antonia Theodosiou at the conference "Green Infrastructure and Energy Upgrading of Buildings"

41037.jpg

It is with great pleasure that I welcome you to the workshop co-organised by the Office of the Environment Commissioner and the Cyprus Network for Corporate Sustainability and Responsibility-CSR Cyprus on "Green Infrastructure and Energy Upgrading of Buildings". At this point, I would like to thank the Board and staff of CSR Cyprus for the excellent cooperation with the Office of the Environment Commissioner and assure you that I look forward to strengthening our cooperation in the framework of new actions.

I would also like to thank the Municipality of Larnaca and the Mayor of Larnaca Mr. Andreas Vyra for the support provided to us in the organization of the workshop and for the hospitality in the hall of the Larnaca Municipal Multipurpose Centre. At the same time, I would like to thank the presenter and the speakers we have with us today for the presentations that will follow, as well as you, the participants, for your presence.

Today's workshop, on energy upgrading of buildings and green infrastructure, is the fourth in a series of informative workshops on green skills development organized by our Office in cooperation with CSR Cyprus.

Today's workshop, on energy upgrading of buildings and green infrastructure, is the fourth in a series of informative workshops on green skills development organized by our Office in cooperation with CSR Cyprus.

Today's workshop is the fourth in a series of informative workshops on green skills development organized by our Office in cooperation with CSR Cyprus.

The promotion of energy efficiency and the development of related innovative solutions contribute to our broader environmental goals, but also form part of our National Energy and Climate Strategy, based on the European Green Deal.

Reducing energy consumption means fewer emissions of greenhouse gases and other pollutants, reduces our dependence on fossil fuels, reduces operating costs and achieves the shrinking of our environmental footprint.

Reducing energy consumption means fewer greenhouse gas emissions and other pollutants, reduces our dependence on fossil fuels, reduces operating costs and achieves the shrinking of our environmental footprint. This action, particularly in urban areas, will make an important contribution to mitigating climate change as well as accelerating the pace of achieving the EU-wide climate neutrality target by 2050 on the one hand, and reducing greenhouse gas emissions by 55% by 2030 on the other.

Despite the challenges, the transition to climate neutrality also offers significant opportunities for economic growth, markets and jobs, technological development, boosting green and environmentally friendly entrepreneurship. At the same time, however, it also implies an increased share of renewable energy use, improving green financing standards and promoting climate-friendly innovation, etc.

I look forward with great interest to today's presentations covering many aspects of our topic - technical issues, energy technologies, the benefits of energy efficiency, financial instruments for energy upgrading and best practices.

Thank you, again, for your participation, and I hope we all gain useful knowledge and experience from our workshop.

(ASP)
Contents of this article including associated images are owned by PIO
Views & opinions expressed are those of the author and/or PIO

Source

[/URL][/P]

Back