What's new

[Cyprus Times] Monitoring until the last minute and then deciding to relax. The recommendations of the experts

maskakyproscovid.jpg
[/ATTACH]
Wednesday meeting of the Minister of Health with the members of the scientific advisory committee On the table is the abolition of the mask in outdoor areas and the reduction of screening tests Recommendation for the abolition of the safe pass in certain areas by members of the committee Monitoring of the epidemiological picture until the last moment and Thursday Cabinet takes decisions

The abolition of the use of masks in outdoor areas and the reduction in the number of screening tests carried out daily to detect cases of covid disease are the two main issues to be discussed on Wednesday by the Minister of Health with members of the scientific advisory committee, as reported in an earlier Cyprus Times[/URL] report and confirmed by Michael Hadjipandela yesterday.

The aim is that whatever measures are in place should on the one hand enhance the protection of citizens and on the other hand bring Cyprus' data in line with that of other countries. However, the Health Minister said that scientists are monitoring the epidemiological picture very carefully and that is how decisions are made.

"I am happy to see that many countries in Europe do not have measures, but we have to see that in China they have different measures, so there are some situations that we are looking at very carefully. I want to mention that the scientists and the advisory committee are studying all the data carefully. We will have a meeting next Wednesday, I expect their recommendations and based on that, the relevant proposals will go to the Cabinet next Thursday," he said.

He added that "we as a country make our decisions based on our own data and not on what other countries are doing. I want to remind you of the lock downs that other countries had and we didn't have, so we will make decisions based on our own data."

As mentioned in a previous article in the context of the recommendations for changes in the way the pandemic is managed, in addition to reducing the number of tests and abolishing the mask outdoors since we have moved away from winter, some scientists are also advocating the abolition of the safe pass in certain areas.

Some of the recommendations that scientists are expected to submit[/B][/B]are:

• Reduction or elimination of rapid testing in workers without symptoms
  • Targeted testing in people with symptoms
  • Targeted testing in nursing homes - vulnerable groups
  • The abolition of safepass in retail

As the Health Minister said yesterday, the data could be overturned at the last minute, so he recommended patience until Thursday when the Cabinet meets for any announcements.

Contents of this article including associated images are belongs Cyprus Times
Views & opinions expressed are those of the author and/or Cyprus Times

Source

Back