What's new

[Cyprus Times] Evan Rachel Wood on Marilyn Manson: "Right after the abortion, he ordered me to cook for him, I tried to kill myself"

mansonsdg.jpg

There is no end to the revelations about the horrific things the actress experienced at the musician's side

Evan Rachel Wood has spoken out many times about the abuse she suffered while engaged to eccentric musician Marilyn Manson.

In the upcoming HBO documentary "Rising Phoenix," the actress reveals the horrific moments she experienced with him and states, among other things, that Manson also raped her on camera in the music video for the song Heart-Shaped Glass.

A new revelation is now coming to light, with Wood describing an extremely difficult experience when she became pregnant and attempted suicide: "From the beginning of our relationship, he always had an issue with whatever contraceptive I used and I tried everything, but he stubbornly refused to wear a condom. In 2011 I had an abortion and as soon as I returned home, he ordered me to prepare dinner for him. I remember telling him that normally I should be resting. And he didn't care."

Wood says she tried to commit suicide because of the traumatic incident, in an attempt that, though unsuccessful, reportedly gave her a different perspective on her life.

"I went into the bathroom and got a glass, broke it on the floor and just started digging my wrists as hard as I could," Wood says in the documentary. "When I woke up, I felt different. I feel like whoever I was by then, I fell asleep and didn't wake up that night. This new version of myself woke up and I had to get back on my feet. I called my mom and told her that I had just tried to kill myself and I needed to go to the hospital immediately," the actress added.

Source.gr

Contents of this article including associated images are belongs Cyprus Times
Views & opinions expressed are those of the author and/or Cyprus Times

Source

Back