What's new

[PIO] Television Easter Message of the President of the Republic Mr. Nikos Christodoulides

41415.jpg

Compatriots,

Friends,

On these holy days of intense symbolism and profound messages, I address all of you with feelings of appreciation and respect, sending my warmest wishes for health, happiness and prosperity.

These have been very special and important days. They were the days of Holy Week, the days of the Passion and Resurrection of Christ, a journey from trial to redemption, from Calvary to Resurrection, from death to life, a journey with clear and strong messages of hope, fraternity and solidarity.

The unfading light of the Resurrection illuminates our path and fills us with hope and strength to be able to walk with optimism and faith, to face the multiple challenges, to improve the daily life of each and every one of you.

Unfortunately, the Resurrection message will not be heard this year either in our occupied churches, which have remained silent for 50 years. From the bottom of my heart, I address all our stranded, our displaced, the relatives of our fallen and missing, but also the entire Cypriot people, to assure you that my primary concern, despite the difficulties and challenges caused by the behaviour of the Turkish side, is the resumption of meaningful negotiations for a solution to the Cyprus problem on the basis of the agreed framework. I am working towards this with all my strengths, this is my vision, this is my priority: To liberate our country, to reunite it, on the basis of the United Nations resolutions and the principles and values of the European Union.

I would like to take this opportunity to reiterate that the present state of affairs cannot be the future of our country. It is not the future we envision for our homeland, for Greek Cypriots, Turkish Cypriots, Maronites, Armenians and Latins and all the legal inhabitants of this land.

In this effort no one is left out, because, I believe, we share this great goal, we share the vision that unites us: To give our children the opportunity to live and create in conditions of security and prosperity.

The unstable geopolitical environment creates an unpredictable scenario internationally, but also in our region. From the very first moment we have been working to ensure the economic stability of the country, its internal security, but also to highlight the stabilizing role of our country. Despite the multiple challenges, I am particularly optimistic because our country's economy, thanks to the responsible and prudent policies we are pursuing, remains on a growth path, with even more positive prospects for the future. This is precisely what allows us to pursue a targeted social policy that focuses on people, our vulnerable compatriots, the middle class, households, but also businesses, our elderly, single parents, large families, people with disabilities and all those who need our support. We stand by them so that they can live with dignity, as every human being should.

Migration, housing, energy accuracy and the need to move forward with bold institutional reforms are key areas where we are working methodically, on the basis of a holistic approach for permanent and sustainable solutions. We are working on the basis of a growth model that has People at its heart, the need to broaden the productive base of the economy, based more on research and innovation, on technology. We are investing in education and health, which for our Government are the main pillars for a better tomorrow. It is a time for personal introspection and collective reflection, in anticipation of the joyful message of the Resurrection. Today, we return to the sources of our faith and our tradition, to draw strength, to share love and to feel deeply within ourselves the meaning of the victory of life over death. Merry Christmas to you all!

(PM/AF)
Contents of this article including associated images are belongs to PIO
Views & opinions expressed are those of the author and/or PIO

Source

[/P]

Back