What's new

[CYPRUS MAIL] Christodoulides stresses importance of Easter...

nik-960x640.jpg

President Nikos Christodoulides stressed “the importance of Easter” and extended his wishes for the wellbeing and success of all Cypriots while delivering a televised speech to the nation.

Christodoulides acknowledged the special importance of the Easter period, before, however, lamenting that “the message of hope still remains unheard in the occupied churches for the 50th consecutive year.”

He expressed solidarity with all those affected by the division, stressing his commitment to restarting substantive negotiations for a solution to the Cyprus problem based on agreed frameworks.

“Amidst a volatile geopolitical environment, I want to assure that efforts are underway to ensure the countrys economic stability, internal security, and regional stability,” he said.

Despite the challenges, he expressed optimism about the countrys economy remaining on a developmental trajectory with positive prospects for the future.

The president also stressed the importance of targeted social policies focusing on people’s needs, including special measures for vulnerable groups, the middle class, households, businesses, the elderly, single-parent families, people with disabilities, “and all those in need of support.”

He then underlined the government’s “ongoing efforts as far as migration, housing, energy, and institutional reforms are concerned, vowing to find “permanent and sustainable solutions.”

Christodoulides concluded his speech by calling for personal reflection and collective contemplation, urging “a return to the sources of faith and tradition to draw strength, share love, and deeply understand the triumph of life over death.”

“I want to extend my heartfelt wishes for a Happy Easter and prosperous years ahead to everyone,” he said.

Contents of this article including associated images are belongs Cyprus Mail
Views & opinions expressed are those of the author and/or Cyprus Mail

Source

Back