What's new

[PIO] The President of the Hellenic Republic was honoured with the "Socrates" Award of AHEPA

43074.jpg

Last night the President of the Republic Mr. Nikos Christodoulides, during a dinner hosted by the Organization, in Larnaca.

This is the highest honorary distinction of AHEPA, which was awarded by the Supreme President of AHEPA, Mr.

Receiving the honorary distinction, the President of the Republic said, among other things, that he receives the award on behalf of the Cypriot people, whom he represents, while expressing feelings of emotion and appreciation.

Receiving the honorary distinction, the President of the Republic said, among other things, that he receives the award on behalf of the Cypriot people, whom he represents, expressing feelings of emotion and appreciation.

He added that the award is a recognition and tangible proof of the respect of Hellenism, the strength and endurance of the Cypriot people and the common vision for the reunification of Cyprus.

Referring to his ties with the US, the President of the Republic said that he studied and lived in the US, where members of his family reside, noting that he himself was an active member of the diaspora there, which offers so much to Cyprus.

Referring to his ties with the US, the President of the Republic said that he studied and lived in the US, where members of his family reside, noting that he was an active member of the diaspora there, which offers so much to Cyprus.

"I know first-hand the persistent and selfless efforts of the diaspora and how well it represents our interests in the US and elsewhere," the President said, noting that "I must admit tonight that I learned to love Cyprus when I met all of you."

He added: "AHEPA has always been a staunch supporter of the rights of Cypriot Hellenism in the United States and elsewhere, especially with regard to efforts to resolve the Cyprus problem. You are all the cornerstone of our country's strength and endurance."

President Christodoulides also assured that he will continue efforts to further strengthen relations between AHEPA and Cyprus, as well as to promote the common values and ideals of Hellenism.

Finally, he praised the contribution of US Ambassador Ms. Julie Fisher, who was present at the event, to the strengthening of relations between Cyprus and the US, noting that Ms. Fisher was one of the first Ambassadors of her country to recognize the potential of the relations between the two countries.

(PM/AS/MS)
Contents of this article including associated images are owned by PIO
Views & opinions expressed are those of the author and/or PIO

Source

Back