What's new

[PIO] The Minister of Agriculture, Rural Development and Environment met with the Mayor of Ipsona

41288.jpg

The implementation of waste management programmes, the strengthening of ecological awareness of local communities and environmental issues were discussed by the Minister of Agriculture, Rural Development and Environment Dr. During the meeting, the Minister was informed by the Mayor about the pilot programme "I pay as I go with a prepaid boat", which will be implemented from 2021 in the municipal boundaries of Ipsona.

During the meeting, the Minister was informed by the Mayor about the pilot programme "I pay as I go with a prepaid boat", which will be implemented from 2021 in the municipal boundaries of Ipsona. "Its aim," Georgiou said, "is to recycle PMD and paper, with plans to extend it to organic composite and green waste."

Dr Panagiotou welcomed the initiative, stressing that the Ministry intends to evaluate the piloting of waste management programmes implemented by Local Authorities focusing on source separation and separate collection, aiming at waste reduction, reuse and recycling.

The aim, the Minister noted, is the immediate implementation of the "I Pay as I Spend (PDO) System" by the Local Authority Clusters, which will be the vehicle for the transition to a Green Growth and Circular Economy.

Further, other issues of concern to the Municipality, such as environmental issues, were discussed, while emphasis was placed on the challenges of enhancing ecological awareness in local communities. The necessity of changing the culture of residents in terms of waste management was highlighted as a key step towards sustainable development.

The meeting with the Municipality of Ipsona is part of a series of meetings held by the Minister of Agriculture, Rural Development with local authorities. The meetings are aimed at discussing issues related to waste management in source separation, in view of the clusters created by the forthcoming reform of local government, environmental issues and agricultural policy.

Contents of this article including associated images are owned by PIO
Views & opinions expressed are those of the author and/or PIO

Source

[/P]

Back