What's new

[PIO] Announcement of the Audit Office

41290.jpg

Submission of data to our Service by entities providing advertising services to candidates for the election of Members of the European Parliament and Local Authorities

On the basis of section 52(6) of the Election of Members of the House of Representatives Act 1979 (L.72/1979), as amended "Entities offering advertising services shall send to the Auditor General of the Republic summary statements of the services provided to or on behalf of each candidate within one (1) month of the date of the election". This article applies mutatis mutandis to:

1. Elections of Members of the European Parliament, pursuant to Article 27 of the Law on the Election of Members of the European Parliament of 2004 (Law No. 10(I)/2004).
  2. Elections of Local Government Authorities, pursuant to Article 33 of the Municipalities Act 2022 (L.52(I)/2022), Article 10IH of the Provincial Self-Government Bodies Act 2022 (L.37(I)/2022) and Article 31 of the Communities Act 1999 (L.86)/2022);
  3. Elections of Local Government Authorities, pursuant to Article 33 of the Municipalities Act 2022 (L.52(I)/2022), Article 10IH of the Provincial Self-Government Bodies Act 2022 (L.37(I)/2022) and Article 31 of the Communities Act 1999 (L.86)/2022).(I)/1999).

To this end, the Audit Office announces that it has posted on its website tables, which entities providing advertising services to candidates in the aforementioned elections are invited, for their convenience, to complete, preferably in electronic format (Excel), and submit them, within the aforementioned deadline, to the Audit Office of the Republic.

It is clarified that:

1. Table 1 "Advertising agencies" is expected to be completed by agencies that provided advertising services to candidates and/or advertising media (advertising agents).
  2. Table 2 'Advertising media' is expected to be completed by advertising media which provided advertising space and/or time to candidates, either directly or through an advertising agency (e.g. TV/radio stations, magazines, newspapers, advertising providers, billboards).

(EP/NZ)
Contents of this article including associated images are owned by PIO
Views & opinions expressed are those of the author and/or PIO

Source

[/P]

Back