What's new

[PIO] Address by the Minister of Justice and Public Order Mr. Marios Hartsiotis at the confirmation ceremony of newly recruited firefighters

42341.jpg

It is with great pleasure and satisfaction that I accepted the invitation of the Chief Fire Marshal to attend and greet today's ceremony.

Today is, in my opinion, a milestone for the Fire Service, which is in its first years as an autonomous Service. A milestone because, on the one hand, the present procedure for filling vacancies is the first procedure initiated and completed by the Service itself and, on the other hand, the total number of new Firefighters appointed to its ranks today represents 37% of its current strength.

This in itself demonstrates the great effort made by the Government and the Ministry of Justice and Public Order both for the substantial strengthening of the personnel of the Fire Service and for the strengthening of the entire system of the State's response to the increased fire safety and fire protection requirements of modern times.

The Fire Service is constantly faced with many challenges, which are increasing. We are going through a very difficult period in time, where the now visible consequences of the phenomenon of climate change, rapid technological developments and major construction growth are constantly changing the operational and working environment, making the role of the Firefighter, that is, of all of you, even more important, more difficult, but also more dangerous.

In the face of these challenges of modern times, it is the responsibility of the State to continue to actively support the work of the Fire Service and to work intensively and methodically for the continuous upgrading and strengthening of its infrastructure, its means and equipment, but also to strengthen its human resources.

Dear new members of the Fire Service,

I, in turn, welcome you to the ranks of the Service. Today essentially marks the beginning of a new professional career for all of you and I am sure, judging by your sense of pride, that your choice to join and serve the Fire Service was made consciously and with full awareness of your responsibility and the need to make a lasting contribution to society and its citizens.

I therefore invite you to honour this choice with your actions and to be worthy of the honour due to a member of the Fire Service.

I wish you all a good professional career, accompanied at all times by honesty, sincerity, transparency and meritocracy. At the same time, I urge you to always have as a beacon and as a compass for your decisions and actions the purpose you have set out to serve: the protection and security of our country and the safety of each citizen and his/her property individually.

Thank you.

(GS)
Contents of this article including associated images are belongs to PIO
Views & opinions expressed are those of the author and/or PIO

Source

[/URL][/P]
Source[/P][/P]

Back