What's new

[PIO] Address by the Minister of Education, Sports and Youth, Dr Athina Michailidou at the Naming Ceremony of the Multipurpose Hall of the D

41121.jpg

It is with feelings of deep emotion that I am with you today to honour, through this modest ceremony, the memory of Stavros Giorgallis, a student of the Aletriko Primary School.

The decision to give the name of Stavros Giorgallis to the multipurpose room of the Primary School in which he attended is a tribute to his exemplary form and the characteristics that distinguished his character. A figure, distinct, which was imprinted in my mind and soul through the conversations I had with their parents and institutions associated with the school.

Stavros, despite his young age, stood out for his ethos, kindness, consistency and gentleness. At the same time, he stood out for his performance in lessons and sports, but also for his active participation in school and social activities.

For him, the school was his second home. The place where he could develop, with the valuable help of his teachers, his skills and talents. The place where he could meet, relax and be carefree with his classmates, schoolmates, friends and girlfriends.

From today, his own school will forever bear his imprint. The multipurpose room now associated with his name will recall his example of dedication to knowledge, his precious virtues, his love for his teachers, his teachers, his friends and girlfriends.

It is all these values that characterized Stavros, that ease the pain and continue to give strength to his parents, Tasos and Maria, and his brother Michael, all these virtues that his friends keep with his smile as an amulet in their hearts and minds.

These values and virtues also guide our own efforts, which concern the continuous improvement of the education provided and the all-round development of our children's personalities.

What we seek is for our educational system to promote creative and productive learning, as well as the intellectual development of our students.

Together with the teaching staff, we are creating an inclusive school, with the main concern that every child should enjoy equal opportunities to learn, to develop to the fullest extent their aptitudes, skills and special interests.

In the same context, the priority we attach to the creation of the building and logistical infrastructure, aiming to create an optimal learning environment that meets the requirements of modern society, satisfies pedagogical needs and above all promotes safety.

As the Ministry, we recognise the exclusive responsibility we have for the safety of children within school premises. In this regard, we work in every way to ensure that the child comes to school, spends creative time at school and returns home safely.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I would like to commend the management, teachers and other staff of the school for their diligence and love in achieving the smooth and efficient operation of the school unit.

You can be sure that the Ministry will continue to stand by your side and support the great work you do every day.

I warmly congratulate the School Board and the Parents' and Guardians' Association, who, through their contribution, support and strengthen the operation of the school.

Of particular importance in this direction is the contribution of the donors. Allow me to highlight the donation of Mr. Yiannis Christodoulou, founder of the charitable foundation "Yianis Christodoulou Foundation", which was significant in covering the needs of both the Primary School and the Kindergarten of Aletriko.

Dear children, dear teachers,

The proposal for today's naming ceremony was embraced by the Ministry, which embraces and cooperates in the continuous effort of Stavros' family to associate his memory with acts of selfless giving and works that promote the well-being of all children.

The recently upgraded multipurpose room of your school, connecting you now with Stavros and his will for learning and creativity, I am absolutely sure that it will be the beginning of new actions, events, games and moments that you will keep in your memory for many years to come. This will be the best memorial for Stavros and the greatest consolation for his parents and his brother.

IP
Contents of this article including associated images are owned by PIO
Views & opinions expressed are those of the author and/or PIO

Source

[/P]

Back