What's new

[Cyprus Times] Tip of the iceberg: the murder of Georgina. Roula apologizes tomorrow

roula-pispirigkou-euelpidon.jpg

The death of the couple's landlady raises many questions and will now be investigated as a possible criminal act The investigations into the causes of death of the other two children of the couple "Snowplough" and new investigations by the Hellenic Police are also taking a new turn. after the mass of revelations about Pispirigou who is described as "cold, apathetic, brilliant and cruel"

Pandora's box was opened by the arrest of 33-year-old Roula Pispirigou on charges of intentional homicide of her 9-year-old daughter Georgina, as there is no end to the revelations and new evidence about the action of the mother of the unfortunate three girls from Patras, which see hour by hour, the light of publicity.

A previously unseen aspect, which is now of serious concern to the authorities, is the death of the couple's landlady, an elderly woman who owned considerable movable and immovable property. Although her death occurred on Sunday, September 13, 2020 and was attributed to pathological causes, however her case will be reinvestigated by the Hellenic Police.

According to information reported by SKAI, the Municipality of Patras says that the woman was properly buried, putting an end to the scenarios and information that wanted her body to be cremated. This, however, automatically implies that, if the investigating authorities deem it appropriate and the prosecutor decides, an exhumation order can be given.

For its part, the municipality of Patreon clarified through its spokesman to the newspaper "Peloponnisos" that "there is no possibility that something else has been done. Since the grave has a cross and a name, there has been a burial and not a cremation" of the couple's landlady, although the latter declared herself an atheist.

Also, the fact that the elderly woman was wealthy, a property owner, as well as a bank account of about 300,000 euros, is surprising. A few months before her death, however, it seems that Manos Daskalakis, as her proxy, had made a property purchase on her behalf, amounting to 250,000 euros.

Referring to the links between the Daskalakis couple and their landlady, he presented a piece of information he had received about the family's cost of living. "A 1,000 euro employee cannot buy a motorbike, a car, music instruments for the studio. The two children had been benefited by the landlady, but their behaviour changed at some point," Anastasopoulos said. The journalist then explained that it was heard from those around the family that Roula had the following thoughts: "What happened now, is Manos taking everything? Why not sign a house to me?"

The investigations into the causes of death of the other two children of the couple, Malena and Iris respectively, are also taking a new turn, in order to reveal, if there is one, the mechanism of death that caused their fatal end. According to information reported by SKAI, "the assessment of the prosecution authorities is that the children most likely had the fate of Georgina, namely a torturous and horrible death at the hands of their mother", while a new reading of the toxicological tests and the testimonies of the medical staff is being launched.

In any case, experts believe that in the cases of the two other children the existing evidence is already serious, and indeed it is estimated that the landscape for the two children will be cleared very soon and before Easter.

Among the challenges of the case for the authorities is the attitude of the alleged accused, Roula Pispirigou, who is expected to apologize tomorrow, Monday, and is described as "cold, apathetic, brilliant and cruel" by persons involved in the case.

In addition to the exhumation of the landlady, the next steps in the investigation may include the exhumation of 9-year-old Georgina, following the revelation that her mother placed a tablet in her coffin, which it is believed may have recorded evidence regarding the supply and administration of ketamine. The prosecutor's order for the exhumation of the child remains to be issued, while the process will be initiated in order to launch the procedure in the coming days.

And while the police and prosecution authorities are working methodically to find more corroborating evidence, Roula Pispirigou has reportedly requested the presence of a third counsel in her confession tomorrow, according to the newspaper "Peloponnisos".

In the final stretch for her apology, Pispirigou seems to be systematically preparing for her appearance before the investigators, asking - as reported by Alpha - to undergo a lie detection test to show that she is not responsible for the death of Georgina, but also Malena and Iris. In fact, she allegedly "put the idea on the table" on her own initiative, and yesterday she received legal advice from one of her two lawyers, Othon Papadopoulos.

"She believes that she is alone in her struggle to find out what the reasons were that led to these disastrous results. Her talk was exactly this I am fighting alone," Mr. Othon Papadopoulos described a few minutes after his meeting with the accused, while stressing that his client insists that she does not confess to the murder of 9-year-old Georgina.

"Her position is still that she denies her guilt nor does she accept the accusation against her. There are things that are under investigation. The one possibility she gives is that there are other people involved," Pispirigou's defence lawyer said, conveying her arguments. "The other possibility is that there may have been mishandling either during the child's hospitalization or after the disputed incident. On the issue of the analyses that followed and especially the toxicological examination of the samples," Papadopoulos noted, while he clarified that Roula Pispirigou does not dispute the results of the toxicological tests but refers to something that is in front of us and we have not seen it yet."

Regarding the psychological state of the 33-year-old alleged perpetrator, her counsel said: "Her psychological state is bad. She feels that as a mother who has lost her child she should be receiving support and not the accusations being hurled at her."

Focusing, in fact, on the substance ketamine, which was found in Jordina's intestines, her lawyer conveyed that "she does not know the substance and added that there are some issues with the toxicology tests because there are some substances that have been administered after the incident following the episode that the victim, the little girl had and possibly related to the substance, ketamine, which was allegedly and apparently found by the forensics.

"The ketamine itself was not in the medication the girl was taking, but as a component of another substance is something we will see," Papadopoulos concluded.

Regarding the incidents of seizures that Georgina had and the 33-year-old was allegedly alone with her, Papadopoulos said "there are incidents that have happened to the child on days when the mother was not in front. This is not what she says, but it comes from the file and it was one of the first things that struck me."

Another crucial piece of information about what happened between the Daskalaki couple was provided by the lawyer, Apostolos Lytras, who stopped directing the couple legally recently. Finding that the parents of the three girls had no common views, while Manos Daskalakis had informed him that he would not support Roula Pispirigou if she was accused of manslaughter, "that was the reason I left the case," Mr. Lytras told Alpha.

Mr. Lytras claimed in detail that "I was the last person who spoke with Roula Pispirigou before she was arrested. I informed her that I will not continue with her. I told her that since Manos Daskalakis is differentiating himself and I know things about both him and you, it is not right for me to take on your defense". "It was not possible from the moment I had both of them, suddenly I have only Roula Pispirigou, who will be confronted in court with Manos Daskalakis," Mr: "The reason I did not continue with Roula Pispirigou is the reason I told you. I foresee that in the courts one of them will face the other", seeing the gap that now separates the two ex-husbands.

The distance between the two parents of the girls is also interpreted by the persistent request that Roula Pispirigou made to the well-known journalist, Angeliki Nikolouli, as the latter revealed yesterday on Mega's main newscast. "This woman, obsessively, asks me to find the details of Manos' girlfriend in Athens. I tell her 'I can't do that. At some point I asked her 'Why are you looking for it, what do you want? And she says 'she talks a lot, I have to find her'." Angeliki Nikolouli admitted that she did not like the obsessive questions on the matter and made sure to inform those who needed to know. "She told me that 'I want to make sure if she's pregnant,'" she revealed.

"Manos left because he saw something"

Calling it an "incredible theatrics" in the mother's case, Angeliki Nikolouli estimated that the accused in the murder of 9-year-old Georgina will hardly break before the authorities, while she observed that Manos Daskalakis was motivated by something to leave the family home on the eve of the death of the 6-month-old infant, Iris. "Manos until recently blamed us for talking about his wife like that. He said he knew Roula and couldn't accept that. Manos took things and left because he realized something, saw something, that made him angry. I don't want to go into details. The man saw something, said I can't take it anymore and got up and left," Ms. Nikolouli said.

"I want to know where Roula got the ketamine from."

Meanwhile, a new statement, in which he distances himself from Roula Pispirigou, was made yesterday by Mr. Daskalakis said that he is not hiding, he is not disappeared, and he wants to know the truth.

The estranged husband of Roula Pispirigou appeared at the offices of the newspaper "Bam", as he has come to Athens to take note of the case file. Asked what he will do from now on, the father of the unfortunate girl claimed that "my position is clear. I have nothing and no one to fear. I want to know the truth about my children. Where the ketamine came from, where the ketamine was obtained. How did he give it to her? What happened to my other two children."

Additionally, "I have nothing to hide. I have not disappeared from anywhere. I've had the biggest shock of my life. I never thought that in my 30s I would arrive and find out something like this. I just want the truth to be heard. I have no other reason," Manos Daskalakis claimed. He added: "I never hid the truth and I never have anything to hide. I used to say at every death I regret working so many hours to do the best for my children and not having lived some moments with them." "If I regretted once then, I regret 50 now. But I've always worked to do the best for them. I never thought this moment would come," he concluded."

Source: Proto Thema

Contents of this article including associated images are belongs Cyprus Times
Views & opinions expressed are those of the author and/or Cyprus Times

Source

Back