What's new

[Cyprus Times] Tasos Chalkias clarifies about his father: "It's funny to hear that I was abused by him"

Tasos_Xalkias-1.jpg
[/ATTACH]
"My relationship with my father was fine. I honor him and will honor him for the rest of my life," the actor said

Tasos Chalkias wanted to set the record straight about some statements he had made about his father in the past. The actor spoke on Katerina Karavatou's show "What are you saying now" and visibly moved, he clarified that some statements he had made about him have been misunderstood.

"The relationship with my father is a little misunderstood by all that I have said. In the sense that my father was a barbaric man because I had said somewhere that I had eaten bear wood from him. So what? In the 50's to raise children and have a family were very, very difficult years. People were walking around kicking over the ruins of the era. So in that era people didn't have the luxury of making choices that others would criticize. They were on the breadline 16 hours a day. Because I've been slapped twice, let's say, should I start bitching? And even make it sound like I was abused by my father to the point of violence? These are funny things and none of this happened," the actor initially said.

At another point in a shaky voice he stressed that he was never abused by his father: "I mean, with that arm of his that was snaking me from here, I felt it was for the best. I can't say he beat me and I'm bad and judge him. My relationship with my father was fine! I wasn't violently beaten or any of that either. I honor him and will honor him for the rest of my life. He did not come to the theatre to see me because, yes, he did not want me to go to the theatre and he did not believe that this is a profession."

Contents of this article including associated images are belongs Cyprus Times
Views & opinions expressed are those of the author and/or Cyprus Times

Source

Back